Have you been experiencing image delays with your OKIOCAM? If so, this article explains the various issues that can cause lagging, and the recommended steps to take which can resolve them.
If the video latency is occurring on your own preview window
It is usually caused by a low FPS (frame per second) rate. To fix this issue, take the following steps:
- Lower the video resolution.
- Ensure the room is bright enough.
We also recommend that you try the troubleshooting steps in this article, as issues with your computer’s hardware can also cause video latency.
If the video latency is occurring on the receiver's side
If you are using your OKIOCAM online and your meeting participants are seeing delayed images, it's usually caused by insufficient bandwidth, and/or a bad internet connection on the receiver's side. In this case, a reduction in bandwidth, CPU, or memory usage on either your end, the receiver’s end, or both is necessary.
For the host (your end):
- Ensure your internet connection is on, sufficient, and stable.
- Lower your video resolution quality(if applicable).
- Access the camera using our software Snapshot and Recorder, then "Screenshare" Snapshot and Recorder to your participants. This will grant you the flexibility to switch between various resolutions and lower the bandwidth usage.
For the receiver (your meeting participant):
- Ensure the internet connection is on, sufficient, and stable.
- Lower the receiving video quality (if applicable).
- Terminate any programs/software that are unnecessary but running in the background.
- Mute and turn off the camera when not in use.
If the Issue Persists...
If none of the aforementioned solutions help, your OKIOCAM might be defective or broken. Rest assured, we provide a one-year warranty for every OKIOCAM, and you do not have to pay any additional fees should we need to initiate a replacement for you. Please contact our customer support team by submitting a ticket with the following details:
- The model and operating system (including the version) of your computer
- The software you are using the OKIOCAM with
- Detailed description of what happened
- Pictures or videos showing the problem (if possible)
In addition to the above basic information, it will be extremely helpful if you provide the following details when contacting us. The information will help expedite the process of identifying issues as well as providing possible solutions, and will save a bunch of your time.
- Have you tried the troubleshooting steps above or not?
- Has your OKIOCAM ever worked properly on your computer or not?
- Does your built-in/other webcam work properly with the software or not?
- Does your OKIOCAM work properly in a different software or not?
- Does your OKIOCAM work properly on a different computer or not?
- Your Amazon Order ID, full name, contact number, and delivery address (for return and replacement purposes only)
Our Support Team will look into your case and provide further instructions.