Glitching image indicates that the signal is not transmitted properly from your OKIOCAM to the computer or vice versa. There are quite a few reasons why glitching would happen, and this article provides some troubleshooting steps you can try.
1. Try a different USB port on your computer.
Some USB ports, especially the older types of desktops, do not transmit a strong enough signal to run a document camera. Please try a different one, or the back USB port if you are using a desktop.
2. Try using or removing a USB hub.
If you are using a USB hub/adapter to connect the OKIOCAM, please remove it and try connecting the OKIOCAM directly to your computer instead, as there could be hardware compatiblity issues with some particular USB hubs/adapters.
Alternatively, if you have been connecting the OKIOCAM to your computer directly, you can try attaching your OKIOCAM to a USB hub as this will enhance the signal.
Please also note that USB ports wear out over time. Document cameras usually require at least 400mAh electricity, and each USB port on your computer provides around 500mAh. If the USB port is worn out, the signals from your OKIOCAM might not transmist correctly to your computer.
3. Plug in or unplug the charger (laptops only).
The lack of power supply will result in glitching image as well. Therefore, in general, we recommend users plug in the charger to the laptop while using the OKIOCAM.
However, in rare circumstances, the signal transmission of the USB ports gets affected while the charger is plugged in due to the original design for some laptop models. To eliminate this possibility, please also try to use the OKIOCAM while the charger is unplug and see if the issue persists.
If the Issue Persists...
If none of the aforementioned solutions help, your OKIOCAM might be defective or broken. Rest assured, we provide a one-year warranty for every OKIOCAM, and you do not have to pay any additional fees should we need to initiate a replacement for you. Please contact our customer support team by submitting a ticket with the following details:
- The model and operating system (including the version) of your computer
- The software you are using the OKIOCAM with
- Detailed description of what happened
- Pictures or videos showing the problem (if possible)
In addition to the above basic information, it will be extremely helpful if you provide the following details when contacting us. The information will help expedite the process of identifying issues as well as providing possible solutions, and will save a bunch of your time.
- Have you tried the troubleshooting steps above or not?
- Has your OKIOCAM ever worked properly on your computer or not?
- Does your built-in/other webcam work properly with the software or not?
- Does your OKIOCAM work properly in a different software or not?
- Does your OKIOCAM work properly on a different computer or not?
- Your Amazon Order ID, full name, contact number, and delivery address (for return and replacement purposes only)
Our Support Team will look into your case and provide further instructions.