If your OKIOCAM is either not being detected by your computer or only displaying a black screen, it is usually the result of one of several easily resolved issues. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the problem.
- Restart your computer.
- Disconnect and reconnect your OKIOCAM. You can also try connecting it to a different USB port. If you are using a desktop computer, please connect your OKIOCAM to a USB port at the back of the computer.
- If you are using a USB adapter, disconnect and reconnect it to your computer. You can also try connecting it to a different USB port. If you are using a desktop computer, please connect your USB adapter to a USB port at the back of the computer.
- Ensure there are no other apps currently using your OKIOCAM. Even after restarting your computer, there may be an app that launched on startup that is accessing your OKIOCAM. To check which programs are running, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open up the Task Manager. In the Task Manager, you can view which programs are currently open, select them, and click End task to close them. Close down any apps that you believe may possibly be using your OKIOCAM.
Note: If you have an older computer please close down any apps that you’re not currently using, too. Although OKIOCAM does not require a lot of computing power to run, certain older computers may struggle — especially if they have a lot of programs running in the background.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app that you are trying to use your OKIOCAM with. If it is a Google Chrome extension that you’re trying to use, when you reinstall it, please ensure that you grant it permission to use your camera and microphone when prompted.
- Check your Windows privacy settings. To do so, please follow the steps here.
- If you are trying to use your OKIOCAM with a Google Chrome extension, check your Google Chrome privacy settings. To do so, please follow the steps here.
If you have followed all of the steps outlined above, but you are unable to resolve the issue, please contact our support team here.