OKIOCAM is a plug-and-play camera without a power button. Therefore, it is extremely normal if nothing happens after you plug in the OKIOCAM - you must first launch an application that requires the camera access to use the OKIOCAM.
When you plug in your OKIOCAM and launch an application that requires the camera access, but the LED does not turn on after you select the OKIOCAM from the list of available cameras, this article provides some solutions for you. Alternatively,
if the OKIOCAM is on the camera list after you plug it in, please refer to Not Recognised;
if the OKIOCAM does power on, but the camera feed is not displayed, please refer to Black Screen.
- Ensure your privacy settings have enabled the camera access for the application you are using (instructions here)
- Switch to another camera then switch back to OKIOCAM
- Unplug the OKIOCAM the plug in again
Computer Managed By Organization
Occassionally, the camera access is not allowed by the computer due to a regulation set by your organization. It could be the anti-virus software, privacy settings, or any other reasons. To verify whether this is the case, we suggest that you try the OKIOCAM on your personal computer. If it works, you will need to reach out to the IT support in your organization for further assistance.
If none of above helps, your OKIOCAM might be defective or broken. Rest assured, we provide a one-year warranty for every OKIOCAM, and you do not have to pay any additional fees should we need to initiate a replacement process.
It is essential that you try the OKIOCAM with a different computer and application to see if it works, then contact our support team by submitting a ticket with the following details:
- The model of your computer
- The Operating System (including the version) you are using
- The software you are using the OKIOCAM with
- Pictures or videos showing the problem
- Have you tried the general solutions or not
- Does your OKIOCAM work in a different application
- Does your OKIOCAM work on a different computer
- Your Amazon Order ID, full name, contact number, and delivery address
Our Support Team will look into your case and provide further instructions.