OKIOCAM is a plug-and-play camera without a power button. Therefore, it is extremely normal if nothing happens after you plug in the OKIOCAM - you must first launch an application that requires the camera access to use the OKIOCAM.
When you plug in your OKIOCAM and launch an application that requires the camera access, but the LED does not turn on after you select the OKIOCAM from the list of available cameras, this article provides some solutions for you. Alternatively,
if the OKIOCAM is on the camera list after you plug it in, please refer to Not Recognised;
if the OKIOCAM does power on, but the camera feed is not displayed, please refer to Black Screen.
- Ensure your privacy settings have enabled the camera access for the application you are using (instructions here)
- Switch to another camera then switch back to OKIOCAM
- Unplug the OKIOCAM the plug in again
Computer Managed By Organization
Occassionally, the camera access is not allowed by the computer due to a regulation set by your organization. It could be the anti-virus software, privacy settings, or any other reasons. To verify whether this is the case, we suggest that you try the OKIOCAM on your personal computer. If it works, you will need to reach out to the IT support in your organization for further assistance.
If the Issue Persists...
If none of the aforementioned solutions help, your OKIOCAM might be defective or broken. Rest assured, we provide a one-year warranty for every OKIOCAM, and you do not have to pay any additional fees should we need to initiate a replacement for you. Please contact our customer support team by submitting a ticket with the following details:
- The model and operating system (including the version) of your computer
- The software you are using the OKIOCAM with
- Detailed description of what happened
- Pictures or videos showing the problem (if possible)
In addition to the above basic information, it will be extremely helpful if you provide the following details when contacting us. The information will help expedite the process of identifying issues as well as providing possible solutions, and will save a bunch of your time.
- Have you tried the troubleshooting steps above or not?
- Has your OKIOCAM ever worked properly on your computer or not?
- Does your built-in/other webcam work properly with the software or not?
- Does your OKIOCAM work properly in a different software or not?
- Does your OKIOCAM work properly on a different computer or not?
- Your Amazon Order ID, full name, contact number, and delivery address (for return and replacement purposes only)
Our Support Team will look into your case and provide further instructions.
Article is closed for comments.